This guide is written for development on the Playstation 3 and describes howto install Fedora Core 9. This document was written for the UMCG department Radiology.
Tips & Tricks
To disable the annoying system beeps, go to System>Preferences>Hardware> Sound. Go to the tabSystem beep, and un-check the “Enable system beep” checkbox.
Configuring your Fedora installation
1. Once booted, a welcome screen will appear. Click Forward.
2. Read the license, and hit Forward if you agree to it.
3. You should now be able to create a user. Fill in a username, the full name of the user and a password(twice). Click forward.
4. Click on the tab “Network Time Protocol” and select the option “Enable Network Time Protocol”. Thissynchronizes the time with a time server. If your pc is not connected to the internet, we recommendsetting the time manually at the Date & Time tab. Click forward.
5. Press Finish.
6. A pop-up will appear, click “No, do not send.”.Congratulations, Fedora was installed on your system succesfully.
Download How to Installing Fedora Core 9 on an i386 (x86) PC HERE
In this ebook you can read about Tips to Tweak Ubuntu Running in Virtual PC :
This some reiew I have taken from the ebook.
A. Virtual PC emulates a Sound Blaster 16 ISA PnP sound card. If your sound does notwork make the following changes :
1. Click on Applications, Accessories, Terminal, then in the terminal window changeto the root folder by typing:
Scroll down to the end of the file and add a last line to the file as follows:
Then hit a return Click on Save and the exit out of terminal mode. In the above, be sure you insert aspace after cd, and after gedit. The next time you start Ubuntu, the sound card should work.
B. After Ubuntu installs you may find that you need to click on the icon in the upper rightto the left of the sound icon and then select “wired connection” to get the connectionstarted for Internet access. To eliminate the extra steps do the following:
1. Click on the connection Icon next to the sound icon in the upper right of yourwindow, then select Manual Configuration, then Wired Connection and selectProperties, uncheck Enable roaming mode, then the down arrow in Configuartionto select Automatic configuration (DHCP), then OK.
2. The next time you start Ubuntu it should automatically start the wired connection
Download Tutorial Tweak Ubuntu Running in Virtual PC ebook HERE